CANDIDATE SUPPORT: GO just received a $300,000 contribution from the racist and anti-public school former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, and GO and the California Charter Schools Association could spend upwards of $700,000 to elect candidates who will not prioritize our public schools, we need to combat that with people power and individual donations. Please take some time in these last days to donate your time and your money if you can to help elect candidates who will support and defend our public schools!
District 7: Chris Jackson
- Sunday and Monday Chris will be phonebanking to Get Out The Vote! Contact the campaign or Carlos at 510-224-0597 to volunteer. This can be done from home!
- Monday late night and Tuesday early morning the campaign needs help dropping poll cards, Contact Carlos at 510-224-0597
- Election Day the campaign is looking for folks to to help doing visibility at the polls, shifts around district 7 at the following times: 7am to 9:30, Noon to 2pm, 4:30 to 8 pm
- For donations or other support: http://www.chrisjacksonforoakland.org/
District 3: Kharyshi Wiginton
- Sunday, November 6th from 12 pm to 4 pm, Canvassing and merchant walks. Also, phone banking (bring laptop and cell phone) and prep door hangers from noon to 8:30 at campaign hq.
- Monday, November 7th – poll voter phone banking 5 pm to 8:30 (at voter’s convenience); Late night mass lit drop 11:30 pm to 2:30 am
- Election Day! Mass lit drop 4 am to 6 am. Also, Visibility Shifts 7 am to 8 pm at Taylor Memorial United Methodist Church 1188 12th Street or McClymonds High School
- Ms K is asking for $3 for D3! Donate in multiples of three to her grass-roots, community based campaign. For donations or other support: http://www.mskfordistrict3sb.com/
District 5: Mike Hutchinson
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for door knocking opportunities or to phone bank.
- Mike has a few more lawn signs and other campaign materials, contact the campaign for details.
- Donate to Mike’s campaign
District 5: Rosie Torres
- Sunday and Monday Rosie will have GOTV phone banking all day. Call Carlos at 224-0597 for instructions
- Monday late night and Tuesday early morning they will be dropping poll cards. Call 224-0597 for instructions
- Tuesday, visibility at the polls in shifts, call for locations, 224-0597
- Donate to Rosie’s campaign
District 1: Don Macleay
- For donations or to volunteer: http://www.don4ousd.org/
Election Day, November 8th, 2016 – be sure to get out to the polls and vote in national, state and local contests. Check out our Elections page for more information on school board races and education related ballot measures.